ARKANSAS PRESEASON CAMP CENTRAL (AUGUST 11)
The Morning Briefing:
• Mitchell making move to receiver look ‘easy’ in camp (ArkansasNews.com)
Today’s Camp Schedule:
• Scrimmage in Razorback Stadium from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. (Fans wishing to attend are being asked to enter through Gate 12 on the East side of the stadium)
• Practice from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. on the intramural fields
• QB Brandon Allen – What makes Brandon Mitchell’s move to receiver make sense this preseason? Not just that Mitchell is catching everything thrown his way. There’s also the fact redshirt freshman quarterback Brandon Allen has shown poise as Tyler Wilson’s backup. Offensive coordinator Paul Petrino has raved about Allen’s camp so far, saying the young player has grown tremendously since the spring. Allen agreed, saying he “became a lot more confident after the spring and throughout the summer.” Allen knows the opportunity is there with Mitchell out wide and is doing everything he can to impress. He threw two touchdown passes in Tuesday’s scrimmage and will get a chance to accomplish more in Razorback Stadium today.
Fact of the Day
• Running back Knile Davis won’t forget what happened a year ago today. Davis saw his 2011 season come to an early end when he broke his ankle during the early portion of a preseason scrimmage in Razorback Stadium. It’s a spooky coincidence the Razorbacks will be back in the stadium a year to the date for … you guessed it … a preseason scrimmage today. But it’s not known whether Davis will be permitted to participate in full contact work for the first time since suffering the injury. Arkansas didn’t make its intentions known before the first full scrimmage of the preseason.
Tweet of the Day
“Big day tomorrow …” — LB Braylon Mitchell, who was referring to today’s scrimmage in Razorback Stadium. (@ItsMyTime_10)
Quote of the Day
“We like our freshmen. We really do. The problem is they’re freshmen. That makes it tough.” — Arkansas linebackers coach Taver Johnson on the young Razorbacks.
For Arkansas camp stories/blogs on the web visit ArkansasNews.com
For Arkansas camp updates on Twitter follow @NWARobbie
For Arkansas camp photos via Instagram follow NWARobbie